Audio Visual Technician
We are looking to grow our team with people who share our energy and passion for creating the best experience for our clients. Kiwi is an established custom home A/V company with over 20 year’s of experience. Presently we are looking to expand our team by adding a lead technician. The right candidate should be clean, neat, outgoing and a team player. Should be reasonably physically fit and able to work in tight, dark places, climb ladders, and work in attics. You should be able to resolve problems logically, and not afraid to ask questions.
– 5 years experience with Home Theater Systems, Surveillance Systems, Lighting Control, Gate access, Home Automation (Crestron,
,Savant, Lutron )
– Lighting Systems experience with Lutron, Control4, Crestron, Vantage
– Basic equipment configuration (receivers, tv’s)
– Crestron (toolbox, uploading programming, able to acquire and ID equipment)
– URC (installation and programing)
– Prewire and retrofit low voltage cabling
– Termination of cabling (Cat5/6, Coax, BnC, Fiber, XLR)
– Troubleshooting and setup of Audio, Video, and IP networks
– Satellite, Cable, and Phone Distribution Systems
– Installation of structured cabling systems.
– Read and interpret all floorplans, drawings, and specifications
– Installation of surveillance cameras and access control systems.
– Performs system testing and troubleshooting as required.
– Proactively oversee and lead jobsite organization and basic housekeeping maintenance (basic project management)
– Ability to provide documentation on jobs, customer correspondence, etc
– Able to work both independently and with a team
– Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans.
– Programming experience a plus
– Clean driving record
– Professional appearance and able to communicate articulately internally and with customersPreferred
– Health and Dental insurance plans available
– Simple IRA available
– Paid holidays
– Vacation/paid time off
– Paid sick days
– Time and expenses paid to attend CEDIA, and other training opportunities
– Uniform shirts
– Company van or personal vehicle mileage reimbursement
– Power tools provided
– Manufacture training/certifications
– Competitive Compensation