Home Automation – San Diego
10 Ways Home Automation Systems Can Change Your Life
Having a home automation system is like having an “easy” button. It lets you forget the smaller details, like turning off lights and closing the garage door. You can get back to what’s important and fun, like spending precious time with family and friends. If you haven’t considered home automation, check out these top reasons why you should.
1) You’ll never have to touch a light switch again. You’re in bed after a long day, reading your favorite book, only to remember that you forgot to turn the kitchen lights off. With a home automation system, you can turn lights off house-wide from the comfort of your bed—whether it’s from a strategically placed keypad, a smartphone or tablet.
2) Waking up in the morning is pleasant. Getting out of bed is so much easier. We can program your system so that upon waking, your lights will gradually brighten over the course of several minutes allowing your eyes to adjust. Your window treatments will automatically move to your ideal setting; the climate control will adjust to the right temp and your favorite morning program or music will begin to play softly through your sound system.
3) You don’t have to worry about leaving doors unlocked ever again. Gone are the days of turning the car around or calling a neighbor to lock the doors or close the garage. With an automated home, a couple taps on your smartphone and your home is secure.
4) Keep an eye on the kids. Check in on the teenagers while you’re away with the newest trend in home surveillance, interior cameras view-able from any smartphone, tablet or laptop. These are also great as “nanny cams” for those with younger children.
5) Let the housekeepers in, even when you’re not home. A tap on your smartphone unlocks the door, and voila, your house is clean when you return!
6) Set the mood. No matter what your mood is, there’s a setting for that. Whether it’s entertaining, relaxing, cooking or watching a movie, we can make your house smart enough to set the lights, temperature and A/V system to the perfect settings.
7) Save energy, save money. With a smart home, settings—like temperature, shading and lighting—can be automated to go up or down during the hottest or coldest times of the day and year or even when you are away. Save money while you are at work by turning down the heat, yet still return to a nice warm home.
8) Stay safe at home and away. Even if you are on vacation, your house doesn’t have to be. We can program settings for lights and shades so that your house looks occupied. You can check on your house from IP surveillance cameras from afar. And you will never come home to a dark house again!
9) Special needs made easy. If you have an aging parent, disabled family member or small children, a smart home can make life easier via conveniences like automated pathway lighting to reduce the risk of falling, strategically placed keypads for those in wheelchairs and occupancy/vacancy sensors.
10) Be entertained. Last, and certainly not least, we can make your home more entertaining by connecting you to all the music and movies you love with the greatest of ease, from room to room throughout your house.
Sounds pretty great, right? We can start small and grow your system over time or pull out all the stops to create a more efficient, safer, more convenient and more enjoyable home. Give us a call or come in today to see how to get started- (888)-567-5494 to receive your free consultation.